Thursday, January 4, 2018

Stand Out Butterfly


One of my favorite sentiments from The Project Bin comes from Spencer's Set.   It is dedicated for autism awareness but it has so many great sentiments that you will want to use it for anything.     How great is Why fit in when you were born to stand out?    Love it!!

I decided to take the que from sentiment and think of ways to make cards stand out.  I took the Butterflies thinlits and die cut it.   Then I took the negative and started using my Tombow markers and making rainbow stripes of colors on white cardstock.    Then the tricky part.  I glued the colored cardstock onto the diecut and then I cut out the butterfly with my scissors.       I love the end result.  I have a feeling you may see this technique again.   Gorgeous butterfly.


No comments: